An accountant’s mind is not solely defined by the numbers they handle. While most of the tasks handled by any accountant working in Kearny, NJ revolves around crunching numbers, the best of the best have certain qualities that make them stand out from the rest. No, this isn’t a superhuman ability to process information or even a steady hand. It is a set of moral qualities that truly makes one a good accountant.
A competent public accountant must display the following qualities:
- Organized. Public accountants must deal with hundreds of numerical data. It is a sign of competence when one knows how to sift through heaps of information and still manage to keep everything organized. Additionally, organization that is done wisely saves time and energy, not only for the accountant but for the business owner as well.
- Detail-Oriented. The slightest mistake in accounting can cost a business owner hundreds of dollars. Therefore, a public accountant who knows their field will make sure that even the smallest detail of their work is accounted for. Each sheet must be thoroughly scoured for errors that must be promptly and accordingly corrected before the report is ready for the business owner to see.
- Client-Oriented. A certified public accountant, who stands out in Kearny, NJ, knows how to listen to his or her clients and seriously takes them into account. These qualities directly imply to the clients that this expert can be trusted. Listening skills also make expectations and requirements clear so that no one gets confused. In some cases, failure to properly communicate causes a client to get less than what they paid for.
- Honor. Additionally, a public accountant who wants to work well with their clients must have a good serving of integrity in their system. An accountant who wants to be successful in New Jersey must never accept any bribes from clients and third parties, or threaten others in any way. This is not only a sign of unprofessional workmanship but it is also considered as a legal liability.
- Creative. Even a heavily number-oriented career requires a streak of creativity. In this world where knowledge and technology are evolving more rapidly than we can keep up, accountants must be able to deal with curveballs and take advantage of change.On a more concrete note, accountants must find solutions for their clients and thus, will need to solve problems on the fly. Additionally, creativity involves coming up with new, fresh ideas that can breathe life into an otherwise mundane business plan.
- Flexible. Last-minute changes can throw a wrench into even perfectly laid-out plans. This is why accountants need to know how to change tactics as they go and come up with quick solutions before problems get any worse. This requires creativity as well as flexibility to allow novel ideas to work.
A good accountant also knows how to tailor their services to fit each client. They may have a specialty in one or two fields, but they must always present themselves as competent in any set of circumstances in the business world.
Such qualities prove that accountants truly are geniuses for it takes not only a keen eye but also a quick and brilliant mind to shine in the industry.
So, if you’re looking for a certified public accountant based in Kearny, NJ who possesses all these qualities, look no further than the accounting firm of Nicholas J. Coco, CPA. As client- and detail-oriented public accountants, our team have worked with many businesses within the area and have given expert advice on how to manage their finances. For your accounting needs, you can contact us by filling out the form on our CONTACT US page or by phone at (201) 955-3100. With Nicholas J. Coco, it’s not just about the numbers; it’s about the clients as well.